Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Five Food Draw


The atmosphere was tense.  The players at the table ignored the aroma of the food and focused on the betting.

“I’ll see your rib and raise you another rib.”

“I’ll see your rib and raise you a waffle fry.

“I’ll call with a dinner roll.”

Lucille hesitated.  She was starving.  This game has gone on long enough she thought. If she folded now, she could finally eat.  However, all she had were some French fries.  She just had to get her hands on that barbeque meat!

Lucille’s eyes glanced briefly around the table, resting a few seconds on Ruby’s plate.  Oh, sure, eat it!  What’s a little bite of food when you have SO MUCH!  Showoff!

Just one more round and it could all be hers.  On the other hand, if she lost…her stomach rumbled.  Lucille made up her mind.

“I’ll see your rib and raise you two fries.”



8 comments:

  1. What a great take on the prompt. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  2. What a great take on the prompt. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a pattern to your writing, Sharon. Such a fun and entertaining story. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Looking forward to reading your next story.

      Delete
  4. I see a pattern to your writing, Sharon. Such a fun and entertaining story. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna play! You created a really fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna play! You created a really fun story.

    ReplyDelete