Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Eric and Oscar


Oscar glared at Eric

“You mean to tell me it’s happened again?”

Eric stared at the floor.

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered.  “It just got forgot.”

“Just forgot!  Just forgot!  Is that the sort of thing a person just forgets when it only takes half a brain to remember?  Oh, I’ll show you ‘just forgot’.  Just wait and see what happens the next time I go to Three Rivers.  I might just forget to take you with me.  And the next time the phone rings, I might just forget to answer it.  Just forgot, indeed.”

“Alright, already, I told you I was sorry.”

“Fine.  You said you were sorry.  So what are you going to do about it?”

“I’ll go get it,” Eric mumbled as he turned and walked toward the kitchen.

“I didn’t hear you,” Oscar called after him.

“I said, I’ll go get your stupid cracker!”



2 comments:

  1. Such a cute story. Happens a lot I think with all kinds of pets. Thx for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shamed by the bird! Nice use of the prompt.

    ReplyDelete