Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Smith Corona



I, Smith Corona, being of sound mind do hereby make the following bequest to my descendants.

Now I imagine that you youngsters are sniggering – what could an old machine like me have that you could possible want or need?  You can process words faster than I could ever imagine.  If you need any information, you can access the Internet in an instant.  And you have autocomplete and autocorrect while I just have my old dictionary.

So here is what I am bequeathing to you.  Ten seconds.  That’s right.  Ten seconds – time to pause and think before you write.  You see, I have been watching you and have come to realize that your technology has exceeded your morality.  You act like just because it comes into your head it has to come out in words, decency and kindness be damned.  You need time to think.  So here are ten seconds.  Think.



2 comments:

  1. This is a deep and meaningful take on this weeks prompt, and advice that many would find benefit in applying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a deep and meaningful take on this weeks prompt, and advice that many would find benefit in applying.

    ReplyDelete