Thursday, August 10, 2017

Children of the Con



“I’m telling you, Ms. Lamont, it’ll be colossal!” the young man said.

“Let me get this straight,” I said. “You want to make a movie about an alien race of vampires who lure their victims by means of children wearing dollar bills?”   

“That’s right,” he said.  He placed dollar bills on the ends of his fingers, and walked his hand across my desk.

“It’s like this.  People will see these little kids toddling off wearing shoes made of money.  They’re greedy, see, and follow the kids, thinking to grab the dough. The kids leads them down a dark alley and BAM! A vampire nabs ‘em.”

“Sorry,” I said, “but it’s just doesn’t send me.  It’s not spicy enough.”

“What!” he shouted.  “It’s got everything!  Aliens!  Vampires!  Babies!

“No,” I said, as I shook my head. “I’m not interested.”

He rose from his chair.  “You’ll regret this.  I’ll get financing…I’ll do GoFundMe.  It will be a HUGE success!”

In his haste to leave, he lost his footing and did a magnificent pirouette to keep from falling.

“That’s it!”  I said.  “Make it a musical!  Call it ‘Children of the Con.’”




No comments:

Post a Comment